Prof. Dr.h.c. Arbo Valdma
Welcoming piano players of all ages who desire to gain a good knowledge and fresh enjoyment of piano music. Free choice of works to perform and study.
NB! For working smoothly, please bring two copies of sheet music.
The focus is on:
- expressive shaping of the piano sound,
- observing the space between and after notes,
- addressing the listener.
Classes will be held from 25 July to 3 August at Pärnu Town Hall (Nikolai 3).
- Each participant will have 3-5 hours, as they wish.
- The repertoire is up to the participant.
- You can play by heart or use sheet music. In the case of the latter, bring two copies of the sheet music for the pieces you plan to perform.
- A chance to perform at the SUVEUNI concerts at Pärnu Town Hall.
- An opportunity to perform solo with Pärnu City Orchestra (with the agreement of Prof. Valdma).
- The classes are public and listening to the performances is free of charge.
4 individual lessons (a’ 60 minutes) €480
5 individual lessons (a’ 60 minutes) €575
An additional 550 euros must to be paid in order to perform with the orchestra (250 euros for performing one part, 400 euros for performing two parts).
Those who wish to participate should make an advance payment of €100. This amount will later be deducted from the participation fee (that is, if you pay €100 in advance, then you will have to pay €475 for five individual classes (100+475=575)).
If you register for the classes via our website, then you will be e-mailed a prepayment invoice and you will be registered as soon as the money is transferred to the account of the organiser.
Note: We will not refund the registration fee. Living and transport costs are not included in the tuition fee. The registration deadline for active participants is 15 June 2022 inclusive, or until max. number of participants is reached.